Apricot & Mustard Chicken – Crockpot Freezer Meal
To turn this into Crockpot Freezer Meals just put all the ingredients in a Ziploc bag, freeze and place into crockpot when you want to cook. Keep in mind you may need to leave it in for a bit longer if it is frozen solid.
Apricot & Mustard Chicken Ingredients:
- 9 ounces apricot jam or orange/apricot marmalade
- 1 Tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Tamari sauce (or you can use 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce instead)
- approx 7 chicken thighs
- For serving time: sliced scallions and almonds
- Whisk the first 3 ingredients above. Place chicken in crockpot and pour on the apricot mixture.
- Cook for 5 hours on high.
- Remove chicken and discard skin. Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Strain sauce left in crockpot and pour over the chicken,
- Top with sliced scallions and Marcona almonds, if desired.
- Serve with large lettuce leaves!
Shared from & photo credit to Hugs&Cookies